I am on the Planning Organisation for the Digital Diplomacy Coalition. The DDC is a grassroots volunteer organization. The mission of the DDC is to provide digital diplomats a network of social media users in the diplomatic community the opportunity to come together to share ideas and best practices, network and learn from each other. The DDC organizes monthly events in the Washington DC area.
Press on the Digital Diplomacy Open House:
- Event Spotlight: Diplomacy Goes Digital
- VOA Greek Service Interview (video interview is in English)
- The Washington Diplomat – Tweet This: Embassies Embrace Digital Diplomacy
Julie Germany and I are the co-founders of the Mobile Citizen Summit. This event took place on April 16, 2011 at Microsoft’s offices in Chevy Chase, MD. The focus of the Summit was on how we can leverage mobile technology for the good of all citizens.
Gov 2.0 LA:
I am one of the organizers for the Gov 2.0 LA conference. I have been largely responsible for the development of the program and speaker selection. This event is an annual event that occurs in February in Los Angeles. The goal of the Gov 2.0 LA conference is to bring together technologists, entrepreneurs, government employees from all levels of government and from non-U.S. governments. We are working to find new ways to connect people with problems with those who can provide solutions in order to help governments provide better services to their citizens. For more information on Gov 2.0 LA please visit our website at Gov20LA.org.
- Digital Diplomacy Panel at Gov20LA 2011 including Martha McLean from the Canadian Government and Gina Evans from the UK Government
- Listening and Learning: Takeaways from Gov20LA 2011
- Ambassador and Americas’ Regional Web Manager Visit Los Angeles Represent FCO at Digital Diplomacy Conference
- My Personal Thoughts, Reflections and Takeaways from Gov 2.0 LA
- International Session with Lovisa Williams, Stephen Hale, Dillon Hosier, Gov20LA 2010 from Gov20LA on Vimeo.
Contributing Blogger to The Community Manager
Guest Posts on ZDNet:
Selected Blog Postings:
- A Nonprofit’s Legal Counsel is the Social Media Manager’s Best Friend
- Social Media Loosens Government Hierarchy
- Building the Open Government Community at OpenGov West 2011
- Northern Virigina Technology Council Discussion on Policy
- GovLoop Member of the Week
- Government 2.0 Hero
- 100 Women in Government Technology
- Nomination for SXSW panel
- Musings on branding for Chief
- Federal News Radio Interview at Management of Change Conference
- Chinwag’s Digital Mission
- Department of State’s Cyber Security Awareness Panel
- Gov 2.0 Radio
- Government Computer News – Social Media Policy at Open Government and Innovations Conference
- The Japan Times
- Huffington Post
Awards, Nominations, Lists:
Training & Guest Lectures:
If you are interested in interviewing me, please email me.